Monday, April 22, 2013

The ask-a-lot/talks-a-lot/go-against-you-a-lot toddler

Every parent will be very familiar with this phase.

They ask you a lot! Talks a lot and most of all... go against you... almost ALL THE TIME!
(Which is good. Don't get me wrong. I love it when my son is curious about things, just shows that he's learning.)

But the going against you part, can be very testing. For example, every day after school, my son and I will have this conversation:

James: Mummy, can I play playdough? Can I? Can I?
Me: Yes, you can, James. But you have to take your nap at 2.30pm.
James: NOooooo! It's sunny day! We only sleep during night time!
Me: You have to take a nap. If not you will be grumpy boy.
James: NOoooooo! I'm not grumpy!!!! 
Me: There, you are showing signs of a grumpy boy now.
James: But can I play playdough first?
Me: Yes, you can play playdough first but when the clock strikes 2.30pm, you will have to take a nap.
James: OK!
Me: Promise?
James: Yes!

(This conversation will be repeated twice or three times in the car.)

He usually doesn't break his promise but when he does, I just have to go through the "You promised that you will take a nap after playing!" conversation.

So,  I go through this every....single....day!

This is just one of the many repeated conversations we have. (I did mention he talks-a-lot too!)

Nevertheless, I'm very very very blessed and thankful to have this boy in my life. 

He is still adorable.

He will always be..
(even though he gives me "charity" smiles.)

...the one that gives me intrinsic motivation and satisfaction being a stay-home-mum.
No regrets.

Love!


No comments: