Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My First Baking Course

I attended baking lessons for the past 4 weeks at International Center of Cake Artistry (ICCA), Kota Damansara.

It is my first time attending baking lessons and I have to say, I truly enjoyed it. I made new friends of different age groups and of course learnt quite a number of things about baking and ingredients.

So, here's just to show you the cakes that I baked throughout the course:

Day 1 : Butter Cake and Chocolate Fudge Cake

Butter Cake
All of our cakes has names on it, just so that we won't accidentally "switch" it. :P

Butter Cake with Vanilla Frosting 
It's my first time frosting a cake and I definitely didn't do well.

This is how it looks inside.

Chocolate Fudge Cake
I didn't have time to frost it so brought it home plain just as it is. My family preferred it as most of them don't like frosting.

Day 2: Pound Cake and Red Velvet Cake

Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
Sorry, the photo is very blur...

Here is a better shot of it. :)

Red Velvet cake ready to be baked!

We used a special cake pan to make this cake.

Taaaddaaa!
A heart shape in between. :D

Day 3: Carrot Cake & Pumpkin Spice Cake

Carrot Cake before frosting it.

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Yup, still not that good in decorating it.

Pumpkin Spice Cake.

Pumpkin Spice Cake with Snow White Buttercream Frosting.

Day 4: Lemon Chiffon Cake & Genoise

They are ready to be baked!

This is how it is suppose to look like...

BUT mine turn out like this...
Very sad. :(
Only one out of ten students manage to get it right. Just when you think it's easy to bake a Chiffon Cake!

Genoise with Chocolate Ganache
It's actually sponge cake with chocolate Ganache.
Frosting improved! yayyy!
Last but not least, I received a certificate for attending this course...
With our baking instructor, Sanney!

Some of the recipes are good and I would definitely use it whenever I want to bake the particular cake. As I mentioned, I enjoyed myself and I have my mum to thank for babysitting my baby every Thursday for the past 4 weeks from 10am-5pm. (She must be very glad that my course has ended. haha..) Also must thank my husband for "pushing" me to sign up for a baking course. According to my mum and hubby, my baking has improved! Since there's improvement, it meant that the time and money spent was worth it. :D

Cake.. anyone? ;D

No comments: