Sunday, February 19, 2012

Making Baby #2: Our angel baby

I wanted to blog more about my journey in trying for our 2nd child. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the strength to go through week by week knowing the truth.

The truth is, I was already 15 weeks pregnant when I first blogged about my 2nd baby. I waited til it was stable before announcing it to the wireless world.

The saddest truth is, I lost my baby at 17 weeks. We only found out about it yesterday. I cried my heart out the moment we stepped out of the clinic. My heart stopped when I couldn't see the baby's heartbeat and we were just to overwhelmed when our Dr said that he has bad news. The baby stopped growing and it's only the size of a 13 weeks baby.

No words could have described how we felt then but as time passes by, we got stronger.

Wouldn't have so much courage to write this post if it wasn't for the people below:

I'm very thankful to be blessed with a supportive husband. As much as people think that it's the mother that feels the pain but I believe the father feels it too. After all, the baby is also part of him. He felt the pain too but he stayed composed and allowed me to just.. grieve.

I'm also truly blessed with amazing family (my own and my in-laws) and friends. They stayed strong for us, felt our pain, called us and sent us words of encouragement. We must have done something good to be blessed with such caring and loving people around us.

The pillar of my life, God. For as long as I have faith, He will not leave me in sorrow and I know He has a plan for us.  "Lord is Good; His mercy is everlasting." (Psalm 100:5)

And finally, this cheerful boy. He of course is too young to know what happened. With him being himself, I can really just stay strong and positive.

I do break down once in a while but I know time and God will heal us.
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds... Great is our Lord, and mighty in power.." (Psalm 147:3)

Don't feel awkward when you talk to me about your babies or pregnancies.I'll be so happy to hear your stories and excitement. Feel free to ask me how am I. It's easier to move forward when you head back to reality. :)

I will be going through natural birth to remove the fetus tomorrow. Please pray for us that the procedure will go smoothly. The power of prayer is the greatest.
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

12 comments:

maytm said...

Sorry to hear that, bt stay strong & take care ya.

Anonymous said...

Thanx Mei. :) Heard that you are expecting?Congratulations!:D I'm sure your kiddos would enjoy each other.:)

maytm said...

Thanks..due early May. Will be a while b4 d young one knows how to play w Ryan:)
Hope everything will be smooth for you tomorrow. Take good care..

Unknown said...

Don't worry, DOn't think too much too. Take care yourself and try it again.

kkchai said...

Sorry to hear of you loss, you are still young 再接再厉 !
KK.

Yee Ling said...

Sorry to hear that,my dear.

Be strong and take care. Everything will be fine.

cikumuffin said...

Mei:WOW! that's quite soon! :) Hope you are keeping well. :)

Angeline: Thanx dear. I will stay strong! :)

Uncle Chai: Thanx uncle! :) Don't know how to read the chinese characters. Will get my mum to translate it to me. hehe.. :)

Yee Ling: Thanx dear. Yup, it will all be fine. :)

Julia said...

Hi Yi Lei, so sorry to hear about your loss. Take good care! Hugs.

huey wen

Family First said...

Hi there, my first time dropping by and so sorry to hear of your experience. Dont worry my dear, God has better plans and am sure you would feel blessed in many other ways :)

cikumuffin said...

Huey Wen: Thanx dear. :) I will and I'm doing very well now. So no worries. ;)

Family First: Thanx so much for dropping by and for your kind words.I'm truly blessed. :) Just dropped by your blog. You bake too! We have something in common.. hehe.. So glad that you dropped me a message. :D

mNhL said...

So sorry for your lost. Glad that you are positive. God has better plan for you. :)

cikumuffin said...

Thanx dear. *hugs* I believe He does. :)