Tuesday, July 3, 2012

And she turns 55..

If you follow my blog closely, you would realize that I'm a lot closer to my dad than my mum. I do think that it's weird because my mum is a full time housewife. I guess it's true when they say "Daddy's girl". You seldom hear people going "Mummy's girl".

My mum and I are not always on good terms. Ok, don't get me wrong, I LOVE HER! but because we both are very strong in our own characters, we disagree a lot! At times I even have to just keep quiet and let her talk.

She's a person who repeats one thing, 5 times a day and the next day she'll ask if she has told me about it. Even if I said, "Yup, you told me!" She would still want to repeat the story again. -_-"

Having said that, I'm very thankful that my mum sacrificed her social life (she has tonnes of friends and activities, probably why it's easier for her to move on in life after my dad has gone to heaven) for me for 2.5years, just to help me care for my son.

My mum turned 55 years old yesterday. She looks a lot older than her age because her health made a bad turn a couple of years ago but she's recovering well now. It's her 2nd year celebrating her birthday without a husband after 33 years celebrating it with one.  I don't think it's easy for her. I do admire her ability to just go through it year by year.

She told us that she's just thankful to be alive and she survived another year without her lifetime partner.

Because I love my mum and I will not trade her strength for anything, I dedicate this post to the one who went through labour to bring me into this world.

Happy Birthday Ma!
<3

Cikumuffin and family fell in love with the bamboo clams in the photo above. It's just superbly juicy and yummy! The birthday girl loved it! 




No comments: