Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Long awaited post: The Trip to Singapore - Day 2

Day 2 started off with us waking up late! haha. Well mainly because we told ourselves that we don't have to rush off to anywhere. So just take our time, wake up at whatever time we want. :)

Wanted to try the Burger King breakfast. Unfortunately, the outlet at Vivo City don't serve breakfast! So we went up to the food court again. Walked around for a bit and decided we should just have "light" breakfast. It was nearly lunch time anyway. So we went to Toast Box!

We settled for one pack of Nasi Lemak each! Not so light breakfast after all. haha.

My mum's drink. Hot Coffee!

Our Drinks! :)

3 of us at Toast Box! haha. Not that easy to capture 3 persons with one hand. :P


My sis & I in the MRT going to Orchard Road again!

After breakfast at Vivo City. We went to Orchard Road again. Determined to get at least one of the products that my mum needed!
We finally found it at Takashimaya's Elizabeth Arden counter! HOORAY! (but I found out that they sell it in Malaysia too! Nvm, at least it helped my mum while we were at Singapore. :P )

We realized that it's about 2pm after walking around the shopping complexes at Orchard Road. Then settled to have lunch at Mos Burger, Takashimaya. :)

My mum & sis.
My mum look so cute in this photo! hahaha.


My mum's Chicken Burger!


My sister's Fish Burger!


And my not-so-healthy-choice, Beef Burger!! YUMMM!!


Of course, it's not a burger if you don't have french fries with it. :P

After lunch, we walked around again. We took the MRT to Chinatown. We wanted to see the CNY decorations since Orchad Road didn't have much at that time.


And yes, it's up to our expectation! There were plenty of CNY decorations.
My mum wanted to get some fake flowers to bring home but it's more expensive than M'sia. So she decided not to. hahaa..


My mum & sis posing in front of the Chinatown stalls.


My mum & I in the middle of the road!


We were waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green. So I quickly snapped this photo. :)


My mum & sis posing in front of a shopping complex's decoration at the entrance.

I told my mum, "Let's pose like the cow!" And she did it! hahahaha..
My mum is just so sporting.


My sis & I mimicking the cow.


We decided to have a drink at Coffee Bean. (We wanted Starbucks but we couldn't find any nearby.)

Who makes the ugliest face competition!
My sis & I making funny faces.


I saw this sign on the coffee bean table. haha. I guess they are not encouraging students to do their group studies here. :)

We went to Marche at Vivo City for dinner. The queue was super long! We waited for about 20minutes. My sister wanted to eat at Marche since we arrived at Singapore. My mum decided to give her a treat since she will be flying back to Japan. Apparently the Marche in Malaysia is not as good as the one in Singapore. I can't say for sure as I haven't tried the one in Malaysia. :)


Look at what we ordered! YUMMM! :)

Outside Vivo City. Spot my mum doing a funny pose?

My sis & I at the hotel lobby waiting for time to fly by.
The Le Sport Sac bag is one of the things that we bought. hehe. I got the same pattern but in a different design.

My mum & I waiting for the bus at Harbour Front. I look like my mum in this photo. haha.. My face is so versatile that I can look like my dad in one photo & then look my mum in another. :)

Well, it's my first time buying so many things from Singapore. I usually come back only with loaves of the Gardenia bread. This time, I got 2 tops & a work jacket from G2000 (it was VERY CHEAP), the Le SportSac bag (after knowing that it's on sale in M'sia too, the bag was only about RM5 cheaper in S'pore) & a pair of Levi's for Han (it's almost RM100 cheaper there).

It was indeed a good & fruitful trip but definitely I can't go to S'pore too often cause it does burn a big hole in my pocket even if I don't purchase anything! :P

Note: This post was suppose to be published a month back. Due to the current happenings, I had to delay it. :)

No comments: