Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ran my first 7km run..


...for charity!

My organization held a charity run named the "UOB Heartbeat Run" today. UOB Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia flagged off at the same time this morning to show that our "Heartbeat" as one in saying Yes! to Child Protection.

Ever since I gave birth, stories of children being abused, used or cheated by adults made my heart go weaker. Don't get me wrong, before having a child, I feel the pain but ever since I have baby James, the pain is so much stronger.

These innocent little ones are meant to be leaders of the future. They are brought into this world as a gift from God, not for adults too exploit them for selfish and horrible reasons!

I pray for all of you that follow my blog to join us in protecting the children. You don't necessary have to contribute money to help them, play your part in any programme that is organized to help children.

If you wish to join UOB in protecting the children, you may contact me or any UOB staff to find out how you can contribute and join us in saying "YES! to Child Protection".

On a personal note...

I have to say that I'm not 100%  fit since I gave birth 4 months ago and only went back to exercising at the beginning of this month. I'm just glad that I finish the run and to my surprise I manage to finish the 7km in 50minutes. :)


 Yes, I still have the pregnancy weight. Am working hard to"melt" them. ;P

My teammates and I doing silly stuff just because we can. :D

I dedicate my first run to two people:

My late father, who has educated me about my rights when I was a child and protected me with all that he can.

Thanks daddy and have a great celebration on Tuesday with God! :)

...and to my mum for taking every extra mile to ensure that I enjoyed my childhood and received the best education because she did not have such a privilege.

Thanks mummy for everything! You are indeed a survivor!

I pledge that I will do my best in educating my child and future children about their rights as children and I pray you would do the same for your children because charity starts from your very own home! :)

2 comments:

Ee said...

Congratulations, sis!!! You trained very hard for this run. Good job!!!

You are doing a great job as a mother. Mum and dad are very proud of you.

Keep it up!!!

xxx

cikumuffin said...

Thanks sis! :) Gotta train harder for the next run! I will definitely do my best in everything.

THanks for your support!

xoxo