Sunday, March 30, 2014

Memories of him

I have a confession to make.

Til today, I can't bring myself to watch our wedding video.

Why?

Because I cried and it was captured.
LOL!

Kidding..
Yes, I cried but it was tears of joy.
I was very touched by the video that our friends were "forced" to say a few words about us.

But today, if I watch our wedding video, it won't be tears of joy. I can only watch the wedding up til before my dad appears.
Once he's on... tears just come rolling down. 

Such a softy I am.. 

I know I can't keep going on this way. I've "put aside" a lot of things that reminds me of him.
Can't seem to toughen up.

Perhaps some day I will, some day it won't hurt so badly.

My late father was such a sport on our wedding day.
He played his "role" standing at the stairs "blocking" hubby's way.
He checked hubby's "letter of promise" and even asked him to add one last sentence before allowing him to go upstairs.

Happy Birthday Daddy.

Every year I wish I could say this to you and hug you.
And hear you say "Thank you."

It's my 4th year telling you Happy Birthday virtually.
I know that there will never be a day that I will get to hug you and hear you say Thank You again.

I will just settle for what I have for now.
Happy Birthday Daddy.

I love you..
so much that I still cry when I write about you.

Have a great time with God. 
:)

No comments: