Monday, December 8, 2008

One of the places you can go to when you are...

... not so hungry but you have to eat & feeling a little on the richer side.

Han & I woke up from our nap this evening and we had to eat cause it's half an hour to dinner time (7pm is our usual dinner time). Then we both said, "Still full, how about you?"

But we know we don't have much time and we have to eat. So Han suggested to try Dessert's Bar at Subang Parade. Dessert for dinner!! My eyes widened! hahaa.. The other option was Uncle Lim's/K3K Benta Kaya. Well, those two other option is a little too norm for us. So we decided to head to Dessert's Bar.

As we were walking from the car park to Dessert's Bar, we passed by Pizza Hut. Then we turned to each other.. "Now I'm a little more hungry.."
but we decided to stick to our original plan.

The moment we were in front of Dessert's Bar, my first thought "How come there's no one dining here?"
One of the waitress (there were only 3 of them) greeted us with a warm smile & greeting.
After taking a good look at their menu, we decided to give it a shot! Belum cuba Belum tahu! :)


The first time I saw this cafe, I made fun of its name. It's as though it's meant for people named "Dessert". Dessert's Bar? :P

We were wondering how come we are the only diners. In my opinion, perhaps we Asians are a little shy to eat right in the middle of nowhere. (The bar is located in between Kenny Rogers & Yves Roche.) It will make people feel a little awkward. People passing by from the top or same floor can see what you are eating, how you are gobbling down your food. Well, I think we like to hide in corners. Usually when we go to a restaurant, it's a common thing to ask to be seated at the booths, or at a cozy corner. So perhaps this place, is just not so "cozy". :)

We took about 5 minutes to decide what to order. We went for the meal set which cost RM16 per set. It includes a "main course" & a drink. The waitress too our order happily. We were a little turned off when she told us that 3 drinks in the menu were "out". But we manage to order something out of the drinks that are available.

When the food came, the first words that I blurted out "No wonder, the portion is so small!" Han replied "Perhaps it's tasty and we are paying for the quality." "Hmmm.. maybe, let's try!"

After saying our blessings, we dived into the wraps. First bite, "Hey not bad!"...
Second bite, "Just 4 more bites & I'm done!"

Han agreed with me about the size of the portion but he also pointed out that mine has more meat in it. I agreed! (His was just a few pieces here and there like a Hawaiian pizza.)

The drinks are better. It's served in a wine glass. Portion is small too! It cost RM12 if you order it a la carte! I thought to myself, "I won't pay RM12 for a small glass of smoothie. Would rather pay for JuiceWorks. Pay half the price and I'll get a bigger cup!"
But I have to say, their smoothie are not as sweet as the ones at JuiceWorks. Which is something I'm pretty particular about. I don't fancy sugar added into my drinks unless it's blended drinks then I don't have much of a choice but to ask them to go easy on the sugar syrup. When I order my drinks at kopitiams, I'll always make sure I say.. "Less sweet" or "No sugar". :)

My order: Smoked Chicken & Beef Bacon Wrap

Han's order: Hawaiian Chicken Wrap

Han's drink: Strawberry & Banana Smoothie

My drink: Strawberry & Mango Smoothie


As we chose to order their set menu, we couldn't order any of the drinks in their new smoothies menu. Sure would love to try the "Classic Belgian Chocolate Smoothie"... sounds YUMMMMY!

Our verdict: Food & drinks quality is there. The price is on the pricier side for the portion. The environment, very awkward for shy Asians like me.

We got a consolation for dining there. I earned RM3.52 worth of Smart Cash Rebate because I used my UOB credit card to pay the bill. :)

Will we go there again? Only when one of us crave to try the "Classic Belgian Chocolate Smoothie" and if we are feeling "not so hungry" and a little richer. If not, I would rather spend RM35 at Kenny Rogers/Nandos for a good full meal. ;P

No comments: