Saturday, June 16, 2012

The man of the family..

Fathers don't get mentioned much when it comes to parenting.

For example:
1) When a child misbehaves, people will say "Your mother never teach you ar?"
2) When a child does something good, people will say "Wahh, your mother taught you well."

I can understand why because in previous generations, most mothers stay home and take care of their children, nurture them, guide them whilst fathers have to focus on their career and bring in moolah to feed the family.

I think this has got to change since most of the couples in my generation have both parents striving hard in the work force. Mummy and daddy share the same amount of responsibility in bringing in the money and bringing up their child.

Nevertheless, fathers should get some credit too.

My daddy
My late father was not just a father to me. Yes, he was the sole bread winner in our family but he was more than just that. He was my mentor when I entered into the corporate world and my mum would always say, he's the one who's superbly willing to piggy back me til I was at the age of 6. (I really hope my son don't expect me to piggy back him til the age of 6.. he's already 16kgs now!)

My dad was also my friend. I talk to him about things ,almost everything except for stuff like the birds and the bees. ( We are after all of the opposite sex and Asian. So he educated us about sex by getting us a book to read once my sister & I hit puberty.)

He was of course the pillar of our family.Losing him was tough but he did an amazing job by planting his wise words and mentality in me before he joined God up in Heaven.

Our boy's Dada
My hubby became a father 2.5years ago. He's a "weekend father" as most people say due to work commitment but he still does his best whenever he's home. My son now relates him as the one who brings him for a swim, a ride on the bicycle.. anything that has got to do with climbing, running, jumping, building equates to Dada!
(Yayy! Mummy gets a break.. finally!)

There are many more years to go for him to be able to be our son's mentor.It is very important for every child to have a father figure in their life.

My hubby's the pillar of our little family as he is emotionally a lot more stable and stronger than I am, he earns more (naturally), he can help us out with a lot more things when he's around. I don't think it's that easy to be the rock of the family because no matter what happens, you have to be strong, stay strong and lead the whole family through tough times.

Our Father in Heaven
The strongest pillar in my life is our Father in Heaven. God has made his mark in my life and He has endlessly guided me through good times and tough times. I wouldn't have gone this far if it was not for Him. One thing is for sure, my faith in Him will never die.

To the man and pillar of every family..

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!


Cikumuffin's late father has no interest in celebrating Father's Day because he thinks it's just another day, just like how he thinks of his own birthday. Men! *rolls eyes* :P

2 comments:

Small Kucing said...

This is nice :)

cikumuffin said...

Thanx Sweetie! Happy Father' Day to your hubby! :D