Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Our trip down south - Day 1 & 2- Kluang & Legoland.

We made a trip down south to accomplish a few things in one trip. Glad that we made time for it and we spaced it out quite good that we didn't end up too tired from it.

Our first stop was my mum's hometown, Kluang.

Went for lunch before heading to my granny's house.
Tangkak Beef Noodle. 
Yummmm!

My 84 years old maternal grandmother.
She's physically healthy, no high cholesterol, no hypertension, no diabetes or whatsoever. But she has turned senile over the last year. 
She called me her daughter, my hubby, her son-in-law and my son, her grandson.
She's still an adorable lady even though I can barely understand what she says. (She speaks only in Hakka.)

After visiting my grandma, we headed down to Johor Bahru (JB). It's our first time driving around JB. Thank God for friends who are from JB and Google Map, we manage to find our way around.

The next day, we went to LEGOLAND!

We arrived early at about 9.30am because I was told that the queue is super long during the school holidays.
There were people already queueing but it was not super long. So.. *phew*
Ya.. we are kiasu like that. :P

My boy roaming around while waiting for the entrance to be open.

FYI,Legoland only opens at 10am.
So you can just view from outside while waiting.

Once the gates opened, we headed straight to the Mini City, which was really awesome!
I took so many photos but I won't load all here, shall just pick a few for you to view.
Here are the Petronas Twin Towers.
(That random dude walked in and stayed there when I was taking this shot.. -_-)

Here's part of "Singapore".
Canon folks, spot the I "Heart" Canon? :P

Can't remember which city is this.. but I would think it's Thailand.
(Those who went to Legoland, help me out here?)

And this is Sri Lanka.
They made a bunch of miniature human dancing. 
Really soooo cool! 

My hubby became my son's "tour guide". 
Perfect place to "show" my son the "world". 
Who needs to fly here and there just to see them cities? :P

We love this!
It's Mini China!
The red bricks are just SO RED! 
 I'm not that good at describing things but when you see it.. 
you will know what I mean.. :P

Family Photo!
L for LEGOLAND!
(My son did No.4 and said "PEACE". ROFL.)
The staff there were so kind to help us take a photo. 
Otherwise I would only have shots of my son or hubby & son. 
LOL.

The weather was cloudy when we arrived.. after 2 hours, it started drizzling. Thankfully, they have some indoor games to keep the young ones entertained.


Indoor train rides which my son refused to come down after the first round and the staff was kind enough to allow him to stay on for another round. 
Our boy seem to get his way anywhere he goes. -_-


Indoor play ground, our boy enjoyed it very much...

...til it was difficult for us to convince him to walk around more after the rain stopped...


Side track a little, for nursing mothers, Legoland is infant friendly. ;)
Adorable giraffes.

We walked around more ...
and then my son found his favourite fountain.
The Musical Fountain. 
As you walk pass each instrument, they will start playing. 
VERY COOL!

Here's a camel made of Lego.

Then it was time for us to shop!
Our boy's a "natural" when it comes to buying toys.
(He didn't get the stuff in the trolley. We only bought the most basic Lego set for him as memoir.)

Lots of Lego Keychains!

Oh.. and we played "Pirate" while shopping. :O

We didn't buy anything (except for a Lego set for the boy) from the shop as souvenir because we didn't think it was anything special.
Until we went to the photo booth to retrieve our photos.
We bought this Lego set!
They printed our picture on Lego!
SO COOOOOOLLLLLL!
(I do sound like a kid/teenager but I don't care.. it's SOOOO COOOOOOL!)

We spent about 6 hours at Legoland. It can be very warm (well, it is in Malaysia), so be sure to keep yourself hydrated at all times.

We loved it! Hubby and I grew up playing Lego.. so it was really a fun trip.. not just for our kiddo. ;)

Stay tuned for Day 3.. we drove down to Lion City! :D

3 comments:

Yee Ling said...

Ooo...we are going down the south next week.

cikumuffin said...

cool! heading to Legoland I hope..;) Have fun!!

cikumuffin said...

cool! heading to Legoland I hope..;) Have fun!!