Monday, October 6, 2008

back at work.. after 5 "rest" days

It's weird that Monday is always harder to go through.

I had an interesting one though. The moment my supervisor stepped into office, she gave us all the work that we are suppose to correct & update. Well, don't blame her as my colleague and I were both away on Friday.
Also had 50 mails to clear in my mailbox. (JUST ONE DAY away! and F-I-F-T-Y!! goodness..)

Then I also found out that my appraisal is TODAY! hahaha.. congratulations Yi Lei, you are so not prepared for it! hahahaa..
but it went well. My boss was just telling me what I should be doing in the next few years and the areas that I should keep going strong!

I have no intention to leave the company. I don't know why, I just don't have that urge to LEAVE! I mean, at times I do feel very drained by the work load, people & etc (please be reminded that I'm human). but nothing has actually pushed me to say "OK! I'm looking for another job now!"

I guess I've fallen into the comfort zone, which may be very dangerous. It could mean that my personal development could come to an end.
I do have the intention to take a step forward, move to another department & learn new things. 

BUT.. I also have the intention to study early child education, Montessori and fulfill my dream of opening a montessori. My dream is also to introduce fun to children in the coming generation. 
I feel deeply for children between the age 3-6years. They didn't have the chance to have REAL FUN like I did. I didn't even know what exam was til I went to Primary 1. All I knew was, Play & have a happy childhood. Perhaps that's why our life span is getting shorter due to the amount of stressed introduced at such an early age.

I always wonder, is being smart SO BLARDEE IMPORTANT to a parent? til their children have to give up HAPPY & FUN childhood for books & exams?
Perhaps I don't feel the importance as I grew up fine, no criminal records, went to a well known local university, obtained a degree in Economics, got a stable job in a foreign bank, got married and soon to start a family of my own. 
My parents never emphasized that I must be super smart. They never a time pushed me to study til my eyes fall off (except the times where I MUST complete my school homework. even that, my mum will ask me whether it's a MUST to finish). They do give me life lessons. Like I must be street wise, wise in spending money, wise in making my decisions, know what I need and what I want so that I would think the practical way but never once they said.. YOU MUST SCORE STRAIGHT A's!! Thank God! 
I think if they set the "Straight A's" mark for me.. I'll just commit suicide! hahahahaa..

Well, I guess times are different now. Everyone is turning more k-i-a-s-u. Everyone wants their children to be the best, the smartest, the-everything-but-the-worst.
But.. does this give them the rights to rob their FUN & HAPPY childhood away?

Well, I would probably understand how they feel when I become a parent. One thing is for sure, it's my responsibility to make sure my children had FUN & HAPPY childhood. 

1 comment:

v k i n i s m said...

Sounds like you are getting ready to be a mum anytime soon :) The motherly feeling is popping up in you already ;) See you in KL soon!