Friday, November 28, 2008

Everywhere you go...

.....there's a Starbucks! :)

Is that good or bad??

Good, for coffee lovers, starbucks fans, ppl who are in desperate need of a nice cold/hot drink.

Bad, for your pocket! You pay RM13-20 for a cup of ice blended coffee! My folks will probably start shaking their heads and say "These days youngsters, don't know how to save money. Want coffee, go kopitiam lar. It's only RM2.50 for a glass of ice cold coffee!"

Well, as for me. I would usually buy Starbucks when I'm with my friends. Purchase their merchandise for my friends who are a big fan of their X'mas collection or collections. I would also go to Starbucks while waiting for someone. Definitely won't get a Starbucks just because it's Starbucks or I passed by Starbucks... if I do that, think my savings account will run dry faster than it already is cause I pass by Starbucks EVERYDAY! hahaha..

Given the current economic situation, there are still plenty of people who can afford to drink/eat more expensive food. And you wonder.. "Why do people keep saying that the economy is bad?"
If it's that bad, how come people can still spend like how they are spending when the economy was good.

I came to a conclusion. Perhaps we are not that afraid of the current situation now or maybe everyone is trying very hard not to accept the reality. We only read about the US going through some turmoil and we have articles saying that the Asian market is still.. o.k.a.y! I recently read one in Newsweek (yes, i do subscribe to them. just to stay in touch with the global news.) that China may be the biggest victim of the global crisis. So, isn't that Asia?

Well, my rule of thumb, as long as I save 10% or more of my pay every month. I'll be fine. I won't be super duper rich at the age of 25 but at least I have money when times are bad.

Here's to Starbucks! (perhaps one of the last cup that I'll have.... )





No comments: