Monday, November 3, 2008

Our house warming..

We threw a house warming party on 1st Nov 2008. It was really tiring for Han & I but we enjoyed ourselves. Didn't get to talk long with everyone who came (sorry peeps)... but I guess they all understood that it wasn't easy to be taking care of so many groups. :)) We had about 50 people over. Han's parents, my parents, my mum's relatives who are staying in SJ, my dad's bro & family and our friends!

I cooked the "Ayam Goreng Rempah" (a secret recipe from Han's mum) and Spaghetti. Sue & Joan came over early to cook "Really Garlicky Chicken".Unfortunately, I didn't take photos of the food! YIKES!
My mum cooked two dishes. One steamed vegetable and another vegetarian mixed vegetables. :) 
We ordered a roast lamb (which was really yummy and we still had a quarter of the lamb in the freezer.), fried meehoon and fruit tartlets. My mum's friend (Aunty Adeline) made swiss rolls & cheese tarts (which everyone really loved!). Sen Chee helped me make jellies. :))

We had a lot of left over.(Only the Spaghetti was wiped clean) But we threw a lot of them away especially the meehoon. Next time, I shall not have so many variety. 

Here are some photos that I took..(and I don't think any of our friends took photos on that day, except for my Uncle Ping and cousin, Elijah)


We made these little gifts for our guests.

With CG, Joan, Sue & Andy

With the Woo Family

With my besties from Form 6


With my UOB colleagues

With the Tan family & June (Cheng Whuah's gf)

OUR GIFTS!! WEeeeee!! :))

We gave out those little boxes of raisins & crispy together with our wedding invites. :)) 
YUP YUP! Our wedding invite is ready! Suresh, Sue & Joan helped us put them together before the house warming party. Suresh was the "ribbon burner". Sue & Joan were the people tying the ribbons. hehehehe..
The printer made a mistake, didn't print enough maps to the church. But luckily they printed 30 maps and it was just nice for all the people that came to our house! :P

OH! and i also found out that my wedding gown is ready for fitting!! my evening gown will be ready for fitting by this week.. so i'll most probably do the fitting next week! :)))

This Saturday is another big day.It's my bestie, Syaza's wedding!! WOoHHOOOOoo! Me going to help her out from tomorrow til Friday. Hope I'll be of good help.. :P


2 comments:

Ee said...

Congratulations on a great house warming!!

Wish I could be there to be part of the fun and preparation.

cikumuffin said...

Thanks sis! (sorry, i just saw your comment)

No worries, we'll do a private house warming when you are back. :))