Saturday, March 21, 2009

The day before the holiday

My husband & I will be going for our holiday from tomorrow til Friday. It is our first ever since we got married officially. Many people will ask "Honeymoon ar?"

Well, my husband said "No. This is not our honeymoon." Because he would like to bring me somewhere nicer for honeymoon. :) I'm not complaining. hahaha..

Well this trip also made us both work harder at work cause taking the whole week off meaning we have to finish everything and hand it over to our colleagues before we enjoy. As the Chinese saying goes "First bitter, then sweet" (Sien Ku Hou Tian, do read it in Mandarin if you can).

I have been wanting my parents to go for a holiday. The last time they went on a holiday was our family trip to Malacca when my sister came back in August last year. My dad would love to go to Anfield, Liverpool to watch a Liverpool home game! I do hope that he will fulfill this dream. My mum on the other hand, just loves to travel. Don't really matter where. :)

Since I'm going for a holiday, I shall dedicate this post to the memorable holidays that I've been to.

Trips with my family
We went to Pangkor Island in 2003.
My dad making the "W" sign and my sister at the back ground.
I could still remember bringing my notes to study cause I had a major exam a few days after the trip! :P


All of us at the resort. It was then known as Pan Pacific Resort. Now it has changed to Pangkor Island Resort.

We went to Malacca in August 2008.
One of my dad's favourite during the "makan trip".


Us at the apartment with our Putu Piring! :)

My trip to Singapore with my sister & mum in January 2009.

The 3 of us on our 2nd day at Singapore.


My mum and I imitating the cow. :D

There are other trips with my family. Just that we didn't have a digital camera then. There's only a few that I can remember at this moment. Our trip to Pulau Kapas when I was 12. To Singapore and Hong Kong when I was about 12. We have also travelled to all the states in Peninsula Malaysia together (mostly tagging along my dad when he was on treasure hunt) except Kelantan.

Trips with my husband.
Malacca
(we made it a point to go to Malacca at least once a year.)
Char Siew rice! It's MUST have when we go there.


haha. we look so young then. :P

Pulau Redang in 2005.
The photo is a little one-sided because we had to put the camera on a rock to snap a photo together.

The night view.
This is one of my favourite photos of us together.

Trips to Singapore.
We went to Singapore a couple of times. Once is during the Christmas season and another to watch Phantom of the Opera musical.

The Christmas tree at Singapore.

Trip to Pangkor Laut Resort.

Han trying to build something.


We'll always have to take photos this way since we do enjoy traveling just the two of us.


Pangkor Laut BEEF BURGER!
It's one of the best burgers that I've ever tasted!
When I order burgers, I would always compare it with this one and to date, I still can't find any beef burger in Malaysia that can beat this one. :P

Trip to Pulau Perhentian.
On our way to the resort.


Making our mark. Of course it was eventually washed away.

Trips with my bestmates.
Trip to Port Dickson with my bestfriends from primary/secondary school.

The Muhibbah gang!
It is our first trip together after knowing each other for more than 10 years!
Left to right: Syaza, Sulo, Tuty and me!

I went to Langkawi with Syaza and her family when we were younger.

Malacca with my bestfriends from Form 6.

Sen Chee (standing beside me), Tan Lu & Su-Yin (Seated from left to right).
We also went to Genting with a bunch of other Form 6 school mates and we shouted our hearts out cause STPM was a killer! Well, at least we all made through one of the toughest examination in the world. :P


We made another trip up to Genting 2 years ago just before Su-Yin left for UK to further her studies. This time it was just the four of us. We still enjoyed "screaming" our hearts out. :)

Trip to Fraser's Hill with friends.

My husband & I with our friends from university.
From left to right: Eric Low (Han's bestfriend), Wee Kin, Us, Bryan, Chee Leng, Shiao Chew & Shi Min.

Of course, there were trips that I went alone. I was lucky to have went to London, Ireland, Prague, Germany & Japan when I was in Secondary school. My parents sent me to London when I was 16 to visit my aunty. I met up with my cousin from Singapore and his friend and they brought me to Ireland, Prague and Germany. I went to Japan when I was 18 to visit my sister. (I have photos of these trips only in hard copy. :) )

When I started working, I got the chance to travel around Malaysia and not just Peninsula Malaysia.

I'm very thankful to have travelled to so many places especially traveling around my own country. I believe that I should explore Malaysia just as how tourist like to explore Malaysia.. :) [Perhaps that's why my husband & I prefer traveling locally. So far we have only conquered Malacca & Islands together.:P]

5 comments:

2 Romans 1 Impostor said...

The Char Siew looks well glazed and finger-licking good. Address, please?

By the way, happy holidays!

cikumuffin said...

Char Siew rice is at Jalan Bunga Raya. If you know where the famous O Chien stall is, there are several Char Siew rice stalls operating at the same place from 11am-2pm.

We usually go for the stall that is located at the same corner as the O Chien stall. (just behind the sugar cane stall.)

Hope you'll try it soon one day!

and thanks for the wishes. :)

2 Romans 1 Impostor said...

I'll have an opportunity soon enough - in 26 days, with a hunt going down south to the historical state. :0

Ee said...

I guess traveling runs in the family. I love to travel, too.

I wish that I can make my first local travel soon. Would love to go a nice beach and bask under the sun.

See you when you get home!

cikumuffin said...

VK, if you want, I can give you the list of food places that my husband & I frequent.

But of course, taste buds may differ. :)