Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Don't speak too soon!

I was just blogging about how many years that I haven't checked myself into the hospital. Last night I nearly "broke the record".

I was down with food poisoning yesterday. Vomited and had diarrhea the whole night. My stomach was in an "insecure" mode as I don't really know what it wants.

I do have a weak stomach and I do my best to keep it healthy. Many people would advise me to be more cautious about it since my dad's case. Thanks for all of your concern! I have been very cautious about it ever since I've been making it a "habit" to be hospitalized once a year until yesterday, I was poisoned by food!


My stomach is a pansy!
Look at the amount of medicine I have to take to kill all the "poison". In actual fact, all I needed was the Antibiotic and carbon but because my stomach can't stand the acidity the Antibiotic gives, I have to take some medicine to line my stomach so that the Antibiotic won't hurt it. Very complicated huh? And of course, since it's food poisoning, there's always the packet of Paracetamol needed. Luckily I only had to take one doze of the Paracetamol. :)

I had a good rest and I'm glad that after my afternoon 3hours long sleep, I'm back to my old self. More energetic than before I rested. When I woke up this morning, all I wanted was 100plus (which my mum refused to buy for me). I just feel so drained from waking up every hour because of the discomfort. I was hoping to have a good night sleep so that I could go back to work today. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I had to utilize the MC my doctor gave.

Now, I'm hungry. Craving for something soupy to calm the stomach and 100 plus! I do hope my mum would surprise me with one. *fingers crossed*

It's back to work tomorrow! It's interesting cause I can't wait to go back to work! haha.. :)

4 comments:

Ee said...

Take care,sis.

The bento boxes are its way home. The 4 of us can now pack our lunch to work. As for me, only when I found a job (^-^).

cikumuffin said...

No worries. I'm sure you'll be able to utilize your bento box soon. :)

kkchai said...

Maybe it's the apricot seed, I heard they are "poisonous" if taken in excessive. Take care.

cikumuffin said...

Thanks uncle Chai.
I think it's something that I ate the day before. My husband got it too but not as bad as mine. :)