Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Don't give me crap!

As a person working in the service industry and preach excellent customer service, I can't tolerate horrible customer service.

My sister & I went to Dave's Deli, Subang Parade for dinner. We were having difficulty choosing what to eat and I thought, since we have not dined at Dave's Deli for years, perhaps we should go there. (I remember being fond of their Chicken Schnitzel.)

The concept to order food did not change since we last came. You have to order it at the counter and then take your seat and wait to be served.

When we were at the counter, we were not greeted. A waiter at the counter was just standing there, doing his paper work. So we figured, we should wait til he finishes. Another waitress came to the counter and asked if we have ordered, we told her politely, "No. we are still waiting for someone to take our order."

Then the waiter looked up and said "Ya." then continued with his paper work. My sister and I just looked at each other. My temper was already boiling by then. So we placed our order in a very fierce tone. Then he turned around without acknowledging our order and walked away! At that time, I only felt like screaming at him.

I told him off loudly and said "How are we suppose to place our order when no one is listening?" He continued to walk away.

My sister wanted a Mixed fruit Lassi but the waitress told us that they ran out of Lassi. I told her that I want Orange juice, no orange juice as well.

Then the waiter came with Lassi and I saw the waitress whispering to the waiter telling him that she told us there isn't any Lassi. I could also hear him asking her "Why did you say there isn't any Lassi?"
Well, I wanted to answer "Because she is lazy to make one!"

So we had to change our drinks due to laziness.

When it came to payment, the waiter did not tell us how much we should pay and expect us to give him "small change". We didn't have any at that time and he kept asking us rudely for small change. I just slammed my handbag on the counter and told him "If we have it, we'll give it to you!"

He then reluctantly returned our balance.

As we were waiting for our food to be served, we observed that there are still quite a number of diners there. We didn't understand why. I told my sister that I would never dine here again.

Our food was served by another waitress who was more polite.

I have to say that maybe people are still dining here because of its food. The taste of their gravy is not bad. The portion is not too small. The salad is fresh and the meat are nicely done.

However, the lousy service spoiled our evening. We just quickly finish our meal and leave.


I think they only serve it with "magic" gravy but not magical service.


Here's the counter that I slammed my handbag.


My sister's choice: Mixed grill.


My choice: Meatballs.


The size of one meatball is only as big as a 20cents coin.

Lousy customer service don't deserve our money! Let's just say we did charity.

1 comment:

Ee said...

HAHA!! You finally posted this!!!