Tuesday, June 16, 2009

How to conceive-Week 1

After visiting my gynae, everything was normal. I didn't have any blood stain. Well, the next blood stain was the beginning of my menstrual cycle.

I was also advised by the gynae not to do a pap smear test just before my menses because at that time a woman's cervix is very sensitive. So when they perform a pap smear, they may "damage" the wall. Especially if you are trying to conceive, any sign of fresh blood would "kill" the sperm. So the best time to do a pap smear is just after your menses.

(FYI, women who are sexually active -not necessary married- are advised to do a pap smear test annually.The test is to detect potential pre-cancerous changes.)

Although everything seems to be back on track, I was still a little "concerned" (I am a little paranoid when it comes to health.) but thanks to the amount of support that I received from my family & friends, I was just calmly waiting for my thin-prep test result which would be out in a week.



Time to start counting! :)




No comments: