Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Almond Croissants






This is one of the Monday breakfast that I've made for my hubby.

Was suppose to use Pastry Cream but I couldn't find any. So I used Castard Cream instead.

I bought mini croissants (yes yes, I cheated!) and fill them up with Castarad Cream that was mixed with Almond Powder. Then brush egg yolk on top of crossaint and top them up with sliced almonds.

Put them into the oven for 10 minutes and TAADAAA!

Almond Croissant is one of hubbys' favourite. He was quite sad when he found out that Delifrance stop making them for a while. When I stumbled upon this recipe on this blog, I had to try it! It was very easy! (Thank you Dhanggit's Kitchen!)

The only feedback given was that it's not sweet enough. Oh, hubby also mentioned that he preferred these mini croissants rather than those normal sized ones! YAY!

No comments: