Monday, October 26, 2009

Our First- 8 months & Antenatal Class

We have been attending Antenatal Class since the beginning of the month conducted by Jenlia2u. So far the classes has been quite good. Especially for fathers who don't have time to read up.

Last weeks' class nearly brought me to tears. We were first brought to the Labour Room for a short tour. Everything was explained. Then we discussed on a husband's role during labour and preparation for normal/natural/c-section delivery. We also discussed on "pain management". Before we went on to our breathing exercise, we were shown a video of a lady giving birth.

My heart stopped for a while when I saw the little one coming out as it was very pale and the baby was quiet and did not struggle. And I think I only manage to start breathing again after the baby made a little sound. *haaaaaa* I still had tears in my eyes but not to the extend that anybody could see it. (I can still blame the hormones?)

It's such a beautiful thing to watch the video even though it got me a little on the emotional side.

Is it too early to wonder how our boy would look like? I'm sure his little voice would bring me to tears. :)


My belly is now this big!
Ok, it doesn't look that big in this photo.

I've been seeing my Gynae more often now. His only concern is my weight as the baby is growing healthily. I have a normal sized baby but I'm putting on weight very quickly. Even though I control my food, I still can gain 2-3kgs in a month! So he suggest to exercise every day. It could be the best to help me control my weight. If not, I'll just have to keep praying hard that there won't be complications and that I can give birth naturally! (Please pray for me!)

No comments: