Thursday, September 29, 2011

Choux Pastry Workshop

Thanx to TimeOut KL, Hubby and I attended a Choux (pronounced as "shoe") Pastry Workshop conducted by Academy of Pastry Arts Malaysia .

We were taught how to make Choux Pastry and Bechamel Sauce by Chef Tan. It is my first time attending any kind of workshop with my hubby and it's his first time attending "baking class" but I have to say, he did well.

Here are some photos to show you what happened throughout the 2.5hours workshop.

 Chef Tan showing us how it's done. (the guy on the left in pink is my hubby... listening very attentively.)

 Piping the pastry on the silicon sheet.

...and this is how beautiful it should look.

OUR TURN!!!
 Hubby was struggling to pipe it out at first but after a while he was even more pro than me.. hahaha..

 TAAADDAAA! Done! of course, these were made by Chef Tan.

 Hubby using all his might to ensure that the bottom does not burn while making the Bechamel Sauce.

 And I was just busy snapping photos since I'm most of the time making desserts in my own kitchen.

 TAAADDAAA! This is how ours turned out...all uneven compared to the ones made by Chef Tan.

 Choux Pastry filled with Bechamel Sauce
(I prefer Choux Pastry with a sweet filling but the Choux Pastry is YUMMMM!)

THANX TimeOut KL!!!

Choux Pastry anyone? :D


6 comments:

Small Kucing said...

yummy yummy

Unknown said...

Me too...I saw some recipe book making swan choux pastry with custard. Btw, u both have lots of fun in that workshop!

cikumuffin said...

Kathy: It is! I believe it'll be yummy-er with custard cream. *mmmmmmm*

Angeline: We did! hahaha..

Yee Ling said...

I bet my hub will never want to go with me to any baking class. Kudos to ur hubby!

Reanaclaire said...

wow..what is the sauce again? looks soo... words cannot describe.. more than yummy.. more than drooling.. what is the word? :)

mNhL said...

you got very supportive hubby.

Drooling over that chaux pastry. Love anything creamy!