Thursday, September 1, 2011

A gentle reminder

My dad has always been my main "influencer" in my life. I guess it's very normal for every parent to have some sort of influence on their children.

I will be representing my company in a regional competition and rehearsing my presentation script every day has reminded me of my dad.

I could still remember the first day that I had to conduct a training session in my previous company. He saw me holding my slides, flipping back and forth while waiting for the train. (We use to commute by KTM to work together.) He just told me to close my eyes and imagine... that I'm a rock star and every body else below the stage don't have such a chance like me.
That sentence worked very well on me as til today, I feel like a "rock star" when I'm presenting in front of an audience (doesn't matter how many people).

It is my first time presenting in a competition and I'm doing my best to bring the crown back. I do hope God is on our side..

....because this man standing beside me in the photo told me (since I started taking examination in school) that I should just do my best and the rest I will have to leave it up to God.

You can tell that I miss him. <3


6 comments:

Small Kucing said...

all the best to you. :)

cikumuffin said...

Thanx dear.. :)

Unknown said...

Treasure it! Keep it up!

cikumuffin said...

Thanx Angeline! :D

cleffairy said...

Good luck. =D I look up on my dad too, though at some point, I rebel and was rebellious against whatever he said to me.

cikumuffin said...

Thanx Elizabeth. I don't remember arguing with my dad. Perhaps for the years that I've been his daughter, only 10times? hahahaa.. I have to say father figures are very important to a child's life. :)