Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Making Baby #3: Supplements junkie

I believe in taking supplements. Although I know we can get most of the 'required' daily vitamins and minerals from food but how we cook the meat and vegetables plays a part and most of the time, kill them all off.

I take them also to ensure there's a healthier me before we conceive. (Something that I didn't do in my last pregnancy but I did in my 1st pregnancy.)

So here's what I take daily and taking these also requires me to drink a lot more water. (pssst..Water helps in losing weight too.)

1) Salmon Omega-3 fish oil (it contains EPA and DHA. may help in my attempt to outsmart my son since his milk powder has it.muahaha.)
2) Calcium : cos I'm a female and we come with all sorts of bone and joint problem as we age and after giving birth.the 'beauty' of being a woman.
3) Folic Acid : women take these a few months before they try to conceive and during the early stages of pregnancy. but not every woman who takes this are planning to get pregnant la.not a single function supplement.
4) Lecithin-E: the secret to my almost flawless complexion. ok no..I believe that I've inherited good complexion genes.
5) Vitamin C: keeps me away from having a common flu or cough.
6) Vitamin B: energy is required being a housewife and it helped with pms (which all of a sudden appear after I had my miscarriage. hormones. *rolls eyes*)

Here's to a healthier me and a healthier pregnancy. *fingers crossed*
(Don't get me wrong. Consuming supplements alone don't guarantee a healthy body. You'll need to combine it with exercise, lots of water, healthy food and enough sleep.)

No comments: