Sunday, September 23, 2012

On Becoming a Stay at Home Mum

It's been almost 2months since I bid farewell to the corporate world.
This is my 2nd time leaving the corporate world and I have to say, I'm enjoying it.

The decision was made due to my hubby's career commitment and then health issues with my son's previous care taker (my mum). Even though hubby's career took a change and he's now based in KL instead, I still decided to spend more time nurturing my son. Well, put it this way, if you want your child to grow up how you would like them to be, even if it's allowing your child to be his ownself, there's no better person to guide them to be so besides their own parents.

People do ask what do I do all day. So here's the list:
1) Send my son to school and pick him up from school on Mon-Fri.
2) Clean the house.
3) Do laundry every day.
4) Cook every day even some meals on weekends. (Don't forget, when you cook it also means cleaning is necessary.)
5) Bake when there's an order or if I can squeeze in some time.
6) Keep my son occupied by playing with him or bringing him out for a ride on the bike or to the playground.
7) Do some painting or reading or cutting with my son.
8) Make my son sleep. (nap and night time)
9) Attend to my hubby when he's home.Ensure that he gets food in his tummy.

And yes...that's ALL I do in a day. -.-

When my son's in school, I have a couple of hours of 'me' time which I will use it to read or burn some calories at the gym or run errands or rush home to bake/clean or meet up with friends/my mum.

Sometimes the 'me' time is just too little that I find myself rushing up n down just so I can pick my son on time.

I always wonder how I manage to work and care for my son when I get back (sometimes bake) and do everything on weekends when I was a full-time working mum. I must have had super power then. :P

This 'sacrifice' may require us to live a little more thrifty but it's worth every single penny (cent in Malaysia) because I just love watching my son (future children as well) grow and hopefully they'll grow up to be themselves , knowing what they want to do and how they want it to be done.

Here's a shot of my little boss.. (my other boss asked why I don't upload photos of him and it's always our boy. well, he has to start liking taking photos first.)

4 comments:

Grace Melody said...

I totally agree. I think children with stay-at-home moms fare so much better. It's a sacrifice for moms to be home-makers - but a privilege, an advantage (the results appear much later)and an opportunity to bring out the best in their kids. I am planning to do the same when I have my own kids. ~ Grace

theleesiblings_omma said...

Awwww I miss my nephew!!!!

cikumuffin said...

Grace: Thanx for the words of encouragement! I'm sure you'll be a great mum too! ;)

Mama J@Mama, Hear Me Roar said...

Hi, I just found your blog and am enjoying your posts. You're right - the sacrifice we moms go through to raise our kids personally is worth every sen. I've no regrets either :)