Monday, August 3, 2009

Our First- Week 18

Expanding Uterus

I woke up with a terrible pull at the lower abdominal area. It felt like period cramp. The pain is there even though I'm seated.

My husband was worried and so was my mum. I told them it could be caused by the way I slept last night. Both of them preferred that I went for a check. Anyhow, it was time for me to go for my check-up.

The Dr told us that he will scan for the baby's structure. We were hoping to be able to see the baby's gender.

He first checked the area where I complaint that is painful. He asked whether I feel the pain from the sides of my uterus until the vagina. I told him.. "YES! exactly. It keeps pulling." He assured me that it's normal. My uterus is expanding. As it expands, I'll feel the cramp.

He then did a scan. We could see the baby floating upside down. Its hands & legs moving freely. However, the little one didn't want to show its gender. It chose to show us its thigh! haha..

Well, besides that, the baby is growing healthily. Praise the Lord!

He then did a blood test to ensure that both mummy & baby are healthy. I'm one person that is never afraid of injections.

The Dr thinks it might be a girl. He can't be sure. Told us to just wait for the next scan.

I told the Dr about my dad's passing. He immediately gave my arm a quick and firm squeeze, to tell me to stay strong. He even told me that my dad is lucky to have two grown up daughters. He is luckier than some who can't see their children grow up to this age. Somehow, that made me feel good about daddy going to heaven. It's true, at least he got to see both of us til we reached late 20s. :)

I succeeded!! I finally gained 2kgs! This time my Dr didn't pressure me more cause he knows that I'm going through a tough time. He only told me to do my best to gain more weight. I'm 3kgs behind.

"AYE AYE ,SIR!" :)

No comments: