Monday, August 24, 2009

Our First- Week 24

Less Carbs to No Carbs

I've been experiencing bad headaches throughout this week. It usually starts in the late evening. I do get very worried about it especially after knowing that some pregnant women had to undergo an emergancy surgery to remove the baby after experiencing headache which was caused by the blood pressure.

I made a trip to the normal clinic just to check my blood pressure and it was normal. The Dr did weigh me and he told me I should lose 1-2kgs more! I assured him that I'm working on it.

Since two Drs tell me that it's important for me to watch my weight and I do have a strong fear of having complications during labour, I decided to cut Carbs out of my diet. So far, I've been quite successful. Only had no choice but to eat noodles/bread in some meals. Most meals I manage to avoid taking in any carbs at all especially rice (even potatoes I would try to avoid).

I had another spell of headache one night and I rushed myself to see my gynae. I felt horrible then, nauseous and the headache was just pounding. My gynae measured my blood pressure and told me that I'm fine.

Only that I have to throw everything up the next time I feel like throwing up. I went WHATTT????!!! No way! I will do my best not to. (He just laughed at me.)

He told me to take Gravil (It's an anti-nausea pill.) when I'm back home and to rest for the rest of the night and tomorrow.

I'm glad he gave me the next day off from work because I couldn't sleep til about 1am cause the nausea keeps coming.I woke up feeling nauseouss the next day too.

Oh my dear hormones, why are you doing this to me now? I thought it would be smoooth sailing after the 1st trimester? No? :(

Oh well, I'm just glad that all I felt was nausea and headache. It could have been worse. Thank GOD for that!

Have I lost more weight? Nope! My weight maintained at 73kgs now. I'm still working very hard to lose that extra fat. I just hope that our boy is getting enough nutrients to grow. :)

No comments: