Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our First- Week 23

My many "ways" to lose weight healthily!

Since I've been told to control my food intake, I was careful not to eat too much. I do have a strong fear of having complications during labour.

My mum was quite worried that I decided to go on "diet" but I assured her that I'm doing it healthily. So she agreed to "help" me.

My 1st plan: Have FRUITS for breakfast!

My mum wakes up early (cause I just can't wake up any earlier than 6.15am) every day just to prepare fruits for me to bring to work for breakfast! (Ahhh, a Mother's Love.)
I've been eating Honey Dew, Watermelon, Mangoes, Mata Kuching (Longan), Dragon Fruit and Jambu Air (What is it called in English?) throughout the week.
However, I do get hungry easily. (Well of course! I'm pregnant!) By 10am every day, I'll be hungry.
I solved it by drinking a bottle of Soya Bean to keep myself full until lunch time!


My 2nd plan: Soya Bean for Morning tea!

My 3rd plan: Eat less Carbs!

I cut down on my carbs intake for lunch & dinner. Initially, I wanted to have just vegetables and meat but it's difficult when you are eating out most of the time.

So I choose to eat less.

And of course, I do get hungry by 3-4pm at work. To solve it, I'll have my cup of Anmum Chocolate Milk! It'll usually last me until dinner time.

I have to admit that I tend to snack and I still do even though I'm not suppose to. I do crave for unhealthy food and I will always find a way to "satisfy" it.

Next mission: I will try my best not to snack as much week by week!

My 4th plan: EXERCISE!

I haven't been able to find time to exercise since the beginning of my pregnancy. I finally found "time" and I chose to drag my loved ones along! :P (Well, it's healthy for them too!)

On Saturday, I brought my mum to the lake in Subang Jaya. We walked 3 rounds together. (My mum then complaint of her legs aching the day after!)

On Sunday, it was my lovely husband who had to accompany me to the same lake. We walked 3 rounds as well. (Now, it's my turn to have "rubbbery" feeling legs!)

Have I lost weight? YES I HAVE! As of the end of week 23, I lost 1 kg! YAYY!!

Now, I just have to maintain this "strategy" so that I won't be overweight by the time I deliver our boy! :)
[My mum said "This is just the beginning of the sacrifices that you have to make for your child."]

This week, I've also started listening to BabyPlus. Actually, it's the baby who is listening to it but I can hear it too.

It was recommended by a colleague who used it with her baby. I've read reviews about it and my husband & I decided to give it a try.

Whether it really works as how it's suppose to be? We'll just have to wait and see! :)


The baby listens to it twice a day.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Heya Yi Lei!!

If you want you could also go to the pool to do some aqua excercise.

Unknown said...

oOo!! Wanted to add that you wanted to snack in between try those healty oat bars. They're really yummy and my friend who's pregnant has them sometimes too.

cikumuffin said...

Hey Tisha!

I would love to swim but no one to come with me and I'm kinda fussy with pools. Don't like going to public pools. :P

and thanks for the snack tips! I shall give it a try. Perhaps raisins would be a more "appetizing" choice. :P (yes yes, i'm a lil picky!)