Saturday, August 8, 2009

Our First-Week 22 & Daddy's 1st Month-sary

08.08.09

This date marks my dad's journey in heaven first month-sary. There's one special moment that I would like to mention in this month.

My family & I were having a "discussion". (We are getting used to not having our family's "decision maker" around.) As I'm now ranging with hormones, I do get upset & emotionally unstable easily.

While settling things, my handphone rang. It was our family friend/ one of my dad's close friend/our insurance agent who called. I didn't pick up her call initially. She left me a message asking me to call her back when I'm awake. (She assumed that I called it a night early.)

I called her back after the whole discussion and she could hear that I was not ok. I only told her that I just had a family discussion. I continued to ask her why did she call me. She said "Yi Lei, I have no idea why I called you. It's out of a sudden, I felt that your dad asked me to call you."

I broke down immediately.

Daddy loves me. He knew that I needed guidance at that moment. He rescued me through his friend.

At that moment, I couldn't thank God and daddy enough. It felt weird but when miracle happens, there's no doubting it.

In case you are wondering, the family discussion is pretty much settled. We just have to give each other time to adjust to things and pray for God's guidance.

8th of August was also our check-up on the baby. This time the Dr did a detailed scan. Which took us about 20-30minutes. He explained everything to us. He scanned from top to toe.

The baby is HEALTHY!! :) Everything is normal. Praise the Lord!

The other happy thing that we found out is the gender of the baby. (Hmmm, should I still keep you in suspense?)

Well, there's no need to.
It's a BOY!!! :D

The Dr was laughing at the baby, saying that the baby is not shy at all in showing his "little thing". The baby opened his legs so wide that we could see the whole structure. The Dr said it's a 100% that it's a boy. hahaa... Our boy shows off his gender "proudly".

There's one set back for me. I've gained TOO much weight! haha. The Dr said I'm pretty extreme. Either don't gain any or gain way too much! So I'm advised to watch my food and maintain my weight as it is for now. I should stop consuming carbs. So it's salad & protein from now on.

Since I can control my eating habits. Don't think it'll be that difficult for me to maintain my weight. :)

3 comments:

Ee said...

I am so so so proud of you!! You'll be a great mum.

I have no worries about you maintaining your weight...haha...let's go for walks and this time let's make sure we really go for walks.

Penqueen said...

IT'S A BOY!! Yay!!! Han Jr is coming out with a bang. :D *hugs*

Yee Ling said...

Congrats,Yi Lei!Enjoy ur precious journey of pregnancy..