Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Egg Mayo Sandwich & Salmon Salad

After my sudden urge to cook over the Raya weekend, I decided to cook the next weekend too! There are a few reasons. One of them is so that my hubby can get some home cooked food since he is always eating out when he's at Port Dickson (PD) and the other reason is that we both try to abstain from meat on Fridays.

Since I get back from work early on Fridays, I decided to make a simple meal. Here's what I made:


Egg Mayo Sandwich
Not very tough. Just hard boiled eggs and mayo with a pinch of pepper.


Salmon Salad
We bought a fillet of salmon the weekend before.
All I had to do was splash some lemon, white wine, dill and olive oil then bake it in the oven for 20-30minutes.
Remove the Salmon meat from the skin and toss them into a big bowl of salad.
I used French Oil as the salad dressing.
Also added some Cherry Tomatoes and Black Olives to make the Salad more "colourful".


Fresh Mango Jelly
While waiting for the eggs & Salmon to cook, I made these!
Jellies are currently my favourite because it helps cool my body down. :)

Perhaps I should make it a habit to cook/bake every weekend. (Well, I'm also more motivated to cook after reading many food blogs. They are inspiring! But of course, most of these food bloggers are SAHM. [Stay At Home Mothers])

No comments: