Thursday, September 3, 2009

What helps you de-stress?

I find myself feeling a "tensed" once in a while. Luckily for me, I find going to church relaxing and it helps me. I feel a little "lighter" after attending Mass and sometimes I can get emotional at church. (Perhaps it's a way that my body is releasing all the "tension".)

The other thing that I do to help me de-stress is baking!

I remember when I was preparing for my STPM, I decided to bake in the middle of the night. I was preparing to take an examination the next day and I made it a point to DO MY VERY BEST for that particular subject cause the teacher did not think I would do well in Form Six. (Yes, I was once childish!)

The preparation got to me and I just decided to bake! I baked a chocolate cake for my parents as it was their wedding anniversary the next day! :) My parents were so surprised!

Of course, I felt so much "lighter" after seeing the end result and I felt even more "lighter" going to the examination hall. (I scored a B for that particular subject. I just smiled when I got the results.)

Since last weekend was a long weekend, my mood for baking came back! I had to buy all the ingredients cause I haven't baked since I moved into our new house.

I would always go with a simple recipe especially now that I can't be on my feet too long. I found a Peanut Butter Cookie recipe online. :)

It was VERY SIMPLE indeed. I made the dough in 20minutes. Kept it in the refrigerator because I wanted soft & chewy cookies. Baked them in the afternoon and VOILA! I'm a happy pregnant woman!

My mum & hubby could see me "glowing" after baking. My hubby for one is very amazed by how baking can make me so happy. :)


You'll need these stuff to begin with.


The dough! Double wrapped ready to be kept in the refrigerator.


Ready to be baked!


My small oven.
I just found out that the heating system is no longer working. I have to look for donation to get a big one so that I can bake MORE cookies at one time. Now, I can only bake 9-12cookies at once. Sad huh?


TAAADAAA!
Because of my oven's half-functioning heating system, the first batch was a little burnt & some unburnt. I had to reduce to 9 cookies at a time to get it all baking just right.. which means a longer time to bake!

Nevertheless, it helped me de-stress. *hhhhaaaaaaa*

Peanut butter cookies anyone?

2 comments:

Ee said...

It tastes great!!! Feel like having some right now......but hmmmm it's really late now. So will wait till tomorrow morning.

cikumuffin said...

hahaha... yes cookie monster! :P

but it's not soft & chewy as how I wanted them to be.

Shall try it again when I have a chance. :)

Thanks for being my supporter! *hugs*