Friday, September 25, 2009

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!

Last weekend was another one of those "nice long weekends". 4 days without work meant that the next week is only a 3 work day week!

My Raya weekend was eventful. On Friday night, I decided to head down to Port Dickson. After work, I took the KTM Komuter to Seremban and hubby picked me up from there. We then headed to Klana Resort Seremban for dinner. (My husband told me that he would bring me to the Japanese restaurant at Klana after the first time he had dinner there.)


Baked scallops with cheese.
It's a little too cheesy and milky for us.


Fried mixed vegetables.
We try to ensure that we have a portion of vegetables in our meals.


Teriyaki Oysters.
This is the highlight of the dinner. It's succulent! Best eaten hot! YUMMY!

h
Shisaomo.


Hubby's portion of "fish".
Since I can't have raw food, he had to finish all of this by himself.
He didn't know that the portion is that huge.


I CAN FINISH THIS! :P


Chawanmushi
I was "craving" for some. So I ordered it towards the end of our dinner. Greedy much?


Beef.
We didn't know that the portion would be this big.


Unagi Maki.
Hubby is not a big fan of eel. So I ate 3/4 of this!


Macha Ice Cream!
Every dinner have to end with something sweet. *HHhhAAAAAA*

We ordered 9 dishes & 1 dessert in total! (the Tempura Moriawase was not featured because we forgot to take a picture.) The waitress were surprised to know that we manage to finish all of them! :) Greedy people, WE ARE! (I guess having a pregnant lady at the dining table helps! :P)

The bill came up to RM260. :)

When we went back to the apartment at Port Dickson (PD), we were welcomed by a pool of water. The apartment was FLOODED!! It was already 11pm when we arrived home. We found out that the water came in from the balcony door. We took nearly 2hours to clear up the living room and the master bedroom. It was a good thing that the water did not flood the whole house, if not we would probably have to sleep in the living room.

(No pictures to show as we were busy cleaning up.)

At 5am, it started to rain again. We were afraid that the water may come in again. So we sat down on the bed (pushed out from the bedroom) and watched the rain. We only got back to sleep an hour later.

It was tiring for us but we woke up about 9am to start our day. We had a simple breakfast (toast bread) and then head to the nearest supermarket to buy towels and floor mats.

After cleaning up the floor one last time, pushing all the furnitures back to its original place, stuffing the balcony door with towels & floor mats, we decided to go back to KL.

On our way back, we decided to stop by at Seremban to have beef noodles at the Seremban wet market. :)

(Sorry, no photos as I was drop dead tired to remember to snap photos.)

On Sunday, it was more relaxing. I went for my usual walk in the morning at the lake with my sister. I had lunch with my hubby then tea with a girlfriend then went for Mass at St. Ignatius Church in the evening. After church, hubby and I headed to One Utama for dinner.

We went to Pasta Zanmai (the second time for me, the first for hubby).


Iced Fruit Tea.
I like the fact that they used fresh fruits and not just canned fruits.


Ice Blended Green Tea.
It's nice!


I ordered the Ebi Tempura Pasta set.
(All sets come with a bowl of salad & miso soup)


Hubby ordered the Half-broiled Salmon Pasta set.

On Monday, I brought my hubby for his first (and last) manicure & pedicure session. He has been wondering why I (and most girls) like it so much. After the session, he couldn't understand why but he liked his shiny nails. (I like them too.) Anyhow, it would be his first & last time as he thinks it's a waste of money. [Luckily, he doesn't disapprove me of going for manicure & pedicure in future.]


Shiny fingers!
My hubby has slim fingers. :)


My chubby feet.
(My legs tend to swell at night.)

We went for a walk at Desa Parkcity in the evening then headed to my in-law's for dinner.

On Tuesday, it was a "housewife" day for me. I decided to cook lunch & dinner. After breakfast, hubby & I went to the wet market to get some groceries and after that we just stayed home.

Hubby was working and I was doing housework and cooking.


A simple pasta meal for lunch.
I made Beef Bolognese.
I didn't follow any recipe. Just did everything by "instinct".
Hubby said that it's nice as it's not too "tomato-ish". He said the capsicums made the difference.

After doing the laundry, I decided to make some jelly. I tend to "crave" for cooling and cold things, I blame it on the hormones for feeling very hot. So I figured that jellies are the best way to "cool" it down.


Lychee Jelly!
It's not my first time making jellies. I use to make them before I was married. My dad was my #1 fan. (Come to think of it, he's my #1 fan of everything that I make, bake or cook.)
This time I only used 5 tablespoons of sugar. Was suppose to use 250grams of sugar but I didn't have a weighing scale. I figured that the canned lychee would make the jelly sweet so I just added 5 tablespoon of sugar. The jelly turned out good but no taste of sweetness at all. It suits my family's taste buds as we are not a big fan of sweet stuff.

I had to do more housework after making the jellies. After doing the housework, I had about an hour to rest before cooking dinner.


Beef Bolognese and Salmon Salad.
I heated up the left over Beef Bolognese from lunch and made Salmon Salad.
It has been a while since I cooked. Hubby enjoyed it and encouraged me to cook more often!

At the end of the day, my back and feet were in pain. (My belly is getting heavier. More on that in my future post.) I had to call it a day after freshening up. Hubby rewarded me with a good feet & back rub.

It was indeed a tiring but great weekend for me! Hope yours went well too!

To all my Muslim friends & followers,

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI!

May you and your family have a blessed celebration!

No comments: