Monday, October 1, 2012

Dating after marriage (and birth)

I've known my hubby for 9 years now. (Gasps! 9 years just passed by so quickly.)

We dated for 5 years, registered our marriage 4 years ago and got married "officially" 3 years ago, have a kid and the rest.. you can just keep reading my blog.

After marriage, we still get to go out on dates, of course with my growing belly.

After birth, it was not as easy anymore. We get some "alone" time on our birthdays and anniversary..thanx to my sis and mum (because we lived together then) .

I think it's good for every couple to have an "away" time from the child(ren).
(I didn't think so at first, til my son's Godparents gave us a lecture and told us to just "let go".)

So we have been "letting go" and I needed the "break". (Not because I'm a stay home mum. Even when I was juggling between work and home, it's pretty texting.) It's really good for our relationship and for our relationship with James as well.

Hubby and I get to steal a couple of hours to be just "us" every week, sometimes more than a few hours, thanx to my sister, my mum and my in-laws. Oh.. and also my son's Godparents. :)
(I must also be thankful to have a son who adapts pretty well without having me around even though he's a double-sided-with-super-sticky-glue-added when he's with me.)

Our dates don't have to be long hours, just an hour or two for us to have a meal together without a toddler going "Mummy...", "Dada..." or a cup of coffee , just to chill, we also find some breathing space by using that "free" time running errands together. LOL!

That's really enough to keep us sane. :)
(Don't ask me what happens when we have another kid.. we'll think when the time comes.)

Here's to Us!
Til death do us part. 
Love!

No comments: