Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sleep Talking Toddler

I have a confession, my son sleep talks (A LOT) ... here's more news, I do too! (So you can imagine how scary it is to be my husband, sleeping in the same room with us.)

The good news is, I haven't heard my hubby saying that I've sleep talked for more than 3 years now. Must be the after pregnancy thing. :P

However, my son sleep talks almost every day and usually when he's taking his nap.

What does he say?

1) Mummy! Fight the Doctor! FIGHT FIGHT!
2) Teacher Teacher! There's a snake in the garden! :O
3) No no! Don't... I cannot! (which is something he says when he's awake too!)
4) Mummy! Come come! Sleep with me!

These are just some of it. Scary? Hahaa.. I'm used to it. I even find it hilarious but it's not that funny when I'm just about to fall into deep sleep. :P

Love my sleep talking terrible-troublesome 3year old toddler!

If you are wondering if I should start worrying and think that it's a medical condition, we were worried and asked our Peads. We were told that we shouldn't worry, he's too young and it happens for toddlers at this age. :)

4 comments:

theleesiblings_omma said...

We didn't worry about you at your age....I guess....

mNhL said...

I think sleep talk is still ok. My niece sleep walks! That's scary....she is turning 2 in Nov.

cikumuffin said...

Sleep walk?? Oh my! Her parents must be worried Anyway to "correct" it?

mNhL said...

I think it is inheritance because my brother used to sleep walk when he was younger (around schooling age). We were surprised his daughter sleep walk at such tender age. Don't know any remedy though....just have to be careful in case she knock into something in the middle of the night.