Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What love is

This morning, somehow I started thinking what true love is. (Don't worry, I'm not doubting my love for my husband and vice versa. We are also not in any kind of argument or whatsoever. In case you hit the panic button.)

Love is a feeling. It apparently has the capability to fade away in some relationships. After reading and hearing so many stories, it's unfortunately true.

So how can feelings that can fade away hold some relationships so strong for years and years and years?

Then it got me thinking, if feelings can fade, how is it that my love for my late father don't have any sign of "fading away". The thought of him not being around, breaks my heart every day.

To be honest, I miss my dad. I don't think I ever will and I don't want to stop missing and loving him. At times I just look up in the sky, hoping, wishing, praying, just plain thinking...and then head back to reality, the fact is, he's up in Heaven.

I believe that everyone who has lost a loved one would feel the same. 

When my dad was in critical condition, I loved him too much to watch him suffer. I kept praying for God to take away the pain and He answered my prayers.

"You can fly so high
Keep your gaze upon the sky
I'll be praying every step along the way
Even though it breaks my heart to know we'll be so far apart
I love you too much to make you stay
Baby fly away..."
-Fly Away, Corrine May-

So what is love?
The feeling that has a possibility of fading away.
It's also a feeling that brings two or more people together.
A feeling that one can never explain when they are struck by it.
A feeling for some, as hard as they try to shrug it off, they just can't.
I'm truly blessed to be loved by my parents.
They love me no matter how much I irritate them. :P
And the feeling is mutual.. 
Love!


No comments: