Sunday, May 6, 2012

Breakfast on weekends

I try my best to cook some meals on weekends cause my hubby don't get any home cooked food from Monday-Friday due to his career commitment.

As most people would agree, breakfast is the most important meal and on weekends, I choose to put in some effort to make something special.

Stumbled upon a blog (I'll blog more about this in my next post) and found her recipes interesting.

So here's to the not so traditional breakfast.. (well at least not so traditional for us?)

Breakfast on Saturday:
Grilled Chocolate + Brie + Strawberries Sandwich
 Don't you think its healthy?? I have Carbs (Wheatbread) + Protein (Cheese) + Fiber (Strawberries) + Dark Chocolate (Err.. Dark Chocolate contains antioxidants that is good for your heart.).. all in one.. :P

Breakfast on Sunday: 
Quinoa + Strawberries + Mixed Nuts (Pine Nuts, Hazelnuts, Macademia & Peanuts)

Cikumuffin finds it fun to try different recipes but hubby thinks I'm too "western" when it comes to cooking. Shall find some "asian touch" as I explore recipes.

2 comments:

mNhL said...

Wow....such a nice breakfast made with LOVE. Sweet !
My hubby is very Asian too....

cikumuffin said...

Hehehe.thanx dear. The best I can do as a wife.;) ya,my hubby's very chineseeeeee.:P