Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cheers to all Mothers

As a mother, I would say,being a mum is not the easiest role on earth but it is certainly the most fulfilling one.

My son chooses me to be the one making his milk, clean him up, do most things for him, sit with him, play with him, you name it.. it has to be me.

So it's not easy to be me but it's fulfilling because at the end of the day, he gives me a HUGE hug , BIG kiss, tell me that he loves me and says "THIS IS MY MUMMY!"
(Hubby don't get such treatment on a daily basis.kekekeke..)

As a daughter, my mum didn't have it easy too. (Of course, I sure hope she finds it fulfilling to have brought up my sister & I and still standing by us.)

My mum stayed strong when she lost her lifetime partner 3 years ago. She had her emotional ride but she stayed strong to take care of my son and the rest is history. She is still the care taker of my son (of course I have to listen to her nag and complain but well, you can't have the best of everything). I'm very thankful to have her around. As they always say, there's no one like your own mum. No matter what misunderstanding you have  in between, they are the first to forgive and forget.

As a daughter-in-law, it hasn't been really difficult for me. My mum-in-law as a mother didn't have it easy after listening to her stories. I salute her for having gone through so much and still stayed so strong.

As an adult, I find a lot of mothers (friends & friends' mum) worthy of my praise. I learn a lot from all of them and I conclude that women are born as survivors and REALLY BRAVE!

So to all mums...
You are the sunshine of your child's life.
 (My son made this at his play school. Although I know his teacher helped him but it was still nice to have received this from him. :) )

On a personal note, I summoned hubby to get a cup of Latte from Starbucks and he went ahead without complaining. Got me my Latte and this key chain as Mother's Day gift. I'm easily satisfied. haha.. :P


Cheers to all Mothers and soon-to-be Mothers! Happy Mother's Day! :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's day to you too dear. Have a nice weekend.

cikumuffin said...

Thanx dear! You too have a great weekend! xoxoxo