Thursday, May 10, 2012

My ancestor came to see me

When I was younger (I'm still young.. ahem), my mum would always tell me that my ancestor came for a visit when there's an unusual insect (grasshoppers, praying mantis, moth) in the house or the garden.

Of course I was too young to question her. I wasn't a kid that question what my parents say. My mum is a "tiger" when we go against her. So you get what I mean.

Back to the insects, we were not allowed to do any "harm" to it since it's believed to be my ancestor. So my sister and I use to just watch it and made sure that it stays where it is til it's bed time. Well, we are girls, there's always a fear of the insects landing on us.

Today, I found this insect on my kitchen window.

I asked hubby if it was a grasshopper or a praying mantis (I'm not that great in recognizing insects) and he said it's neither and that it's in the same family. So anyone knows what's the name of this insect?

I only know that my ancestor paid us a visit. :P

Cikumuffin does not believe that her ancestor came. I believe it's a good way to stop kids from harming these little creatures.

No comments: