Thursday, July 16, 2009

The day after my birthday

My mum would always tell me that I celebrate my birthday for a month. That's because I have many groups of friends. So each group would celebrate my birthday! hehe..
I do prefer it that way, rather than having one birthday party and have everyone come. It is much easier to catch up when you hang out in small groups! :)

I went for breakfast with my mum & sister at my mum's usual breakfast place. Joining her usual breakfast gang as well.

After breakfast, my mum & I then head to OSK Investment Bank to settle some stuff. My dad's remisier told me that I look like my dad. haha. Well, that's not something new. :)

My mum & I then head back to Subang Jaya. She decided to send her car for servicing and I decided to get a haircut while waiting.

YUP! I chopped off my shoulder length hair! Now I feel so much lighter! Haaaaaaa....


How do you like it?


It's not super short lar.. but it relieves the stickiness behind my neck. :)

Many asked me to keep my hair long after my wedding cause I look nice in long hair. (Btw, the hair on my wedding evening was FAKE! The one in the morning was my hair but held up like I have A LOT of hair with the help of hairsprays!)

Well, there are a few reasons why I can't have long hair.
1) My hair is super duper fine. It breaks easily when it's heavy.
2) I have very little amount of hair. The longer it is, the flatter my head will look.
3) I just prefer to fuss less about my hair. :P

After my haircut, I joined my mum at a restaurant nearby for lunch. After lunch, the car was not ready yet. So I decided to walk home. To my surprise, it only took me 10minutes to walk home. :)

By 3pm, I was hungry. So I had to ask my mum to come out with me to have tea! I decided to bring my mum to Snowflake, a Taiwanese dessert place at SS15, Subang Jaya.


The cafe is located upstairs.


I had the Lemon Jade Ice.
RM 4.50 per bowl.


My mum had their best seller!
RM 5.50 per bowl


I ordered a "You Tiau" to share.
It's RM1.40 per piece.

Overall, all 3 desserts were good! I especially enjoyed the "You Tiau" because it's served fresh and HOT! :)

After tea, we then headed home. I took a short nap and got ready to celebrate my birthday again! This time it's with Tan Lu, Sen Chee & Ai Chee. (I initially asked Ai Chee out for dinner then Sen Chee & Tan Lu said that they would like to meet me. So I just thought since we all know each other. We can all have dinner together! *teehee*)

We went to Grand Steamboat Garden at USJ Taipan, Subang Jaya. It was my first time going to this restaurant. They serve steamboat buffet. RM26.80 per person. Quite a large number of selection of food. Free flow of drinks. You can choose to have Iced Lemon Tea, Blackcurrent,
Mango Juice, Orange Juice or Chinese Tea.

I would recommend this place if you want to just chill and catch up with your friends!


Each of us have our seperate soup pots!
There are 5 different soup flavours to choose from. I chose the Tom Yam soup. :)


You have your own "heater" controller.


The food is served like Sushi! :)

They also serve ice cream and "Tau Foo Fa" as dessert. I had to bowls of ice cream and a bowl of "Tau Foo Fa"! I was pretty stuffed by the end of the dinner.

Tan Lu & Sen Chee bought me a gift! A Maternity dress! I guessed it even before I open the present. haha.. I guess the only clothing that my friends could buy me now are maternity clothes. :D

The best surprise is the dress that they bought was the exact dress that I wanted to buy yesterday when I went shopping with my mum! What a coincedence! It was a good thing that I decided not to purchase it cause they have already bought it. :)


Thank you girls!
Great minds think alike! hahaha..

I had a great day even though it's not my birthday anymore.

Share with me what you did on the day after my birthday! :)


9 comments:

Ee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ee said...

Hey sis!! I am very happy that you had a wonderful day yesterday. Nice hair cut, too!!

Keep on celebrating!!!

Luv you!!

Charlie Taylor said...

I woke up at 5.45am to go for a run before work on the day after your birthday. YES! i woke up earlier than you on a weekday :P hehehe.

Nice hair cut beb! C u on Monday :)

cikumuffin said...

Ee Wen: Thanks sis! :) *HUGS*

Sue: WOW! I should have bought lottery yesterday! I'm sure you felt very "fresh" at work?? hehehe.. Can't wait to see you on MOnday! *HUGS*

Jimmy Lee said...

Hi,
May I ask where is the exact location for the Grand Steamboat Garden?? Seems nice. Would like to have a try there.

Cant find their info from google search though. Wondering if you have their address.

Thanks

cikumuffin said...

Hi Jimmy,

It's at USJ Taipan. Same row as Standard Chartered & Public Bank. Rather easy to find. :)

Think you can get the address for Stan Chart/Public Bank at USJ Taipan, Subang Jaya and just drive along that road.

There is also a 99 Speedmart along that row too. :)

Hope this would help!

Jimmy Lee said...

Hi,
Thanks for the info...after another browse in the google with different search criteria i found the address..Hehehe...just facing the main road if i base on the map they provide..will try it one day...thanks

Jaclyn Cheng said...

Nice hair cut and now we have something in common :)

cikumuffin said...

Jaclyn: You chopped your hair too? hahahaha...