Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our First- Week 13

Milk? (Ugh!)

I haven't gained any weight for the past 12weeks and my gynae was very upset with me. He said that my eating habit is worse than his sons'. (But I DO EAT regularly! I exclaimed!)

The reason why he's so concerned about my weight now that I've past my first trimester is he don't want me to end up delivering a low birth weight baby. He wants me to gradually gain weight and not suddenly gain a lot of a weight in a month! According to him, this way, is healthier for the baby too.

He suggested me to drink milk and immediately I went... "UH-OH!"
I told him that I'm lactose intolerent since I was a baby and I've never drank a glass of milk since then. The smell of milk makes me go "ugh!".

Then he asked whether I can eat Ice Cream. I said "Yes, but I sometimes have to "suffer" after consuming it."

According to him, I should just start little by little and my body will slowly produce the lactose enzyme.Soon, I will develop tolerance towards milk. (It is amazing how our body can "self-repair".)

My hubby then immediately brought me to a supermarket to get milk. I chose to buy Anmum milk for preggers and I made it a point, I only want Chocolate! (Well, I think the chocolate taste will help cover the "milk" smell.)

My gynae was right. I managed a small cup of milk then I slowly increase the intake day by day. So far, so good! :)

Will it help me gain weight? *fingers crossed*

No comments: