Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Birthday & Tribute to Daddy


Daddy's girl

Tomorrow would be my first time celebrating my birthday without daddy by my side. Being daddy's girl, I don't know whether it'll be difficult for me to get through tomorrow without wishing that he is here with me.

Tomorrow also marks the first week of my dad's life in heaven. I'm sure he's having a great time with God. It just makes me happy to know that he is happy.

As human, I wonder if he'll come into my dream tonight, just to wish me "Happy Birthday Yi Lei!". It would be one of the sweetest dream that I'll ever have.

Since it's my birthday tomorrow, I would just like to take this opportunity to pay a tribute to my dad and also thank my mum for all she has done for me.

I was not a "cheap" baby as I had lactose intolerance since I was a few months old. My dad was not earning a lot then too. So my parents had to go through thick & thin just to make sure that I can have Isomilk every day. This is one of those things that parents do to keep their baby in comfort.

My mum sacrificed her time for us as my dad was a workaholic and the only bread winner. My mum took care of us, made sure that we did not starve and she made sure that we got the best education although she is illiterate.

My dad may not be around that much during my childhood days but when he was around, he was THERE! He loves to pamper his daughters. Giving me a piggy back whenever I'm just too tired to walk. (Even when I was heavy, he didn't mind the weight.) Making sure that my sweat won't disturb my sleep. Bringing my family around, joining him in treasure hunts. So that he can be with the family while earning some "extra cash" for the family.

I thank God every day for giving me such a wonderful life. I may have lost my dad at a very young age, but I got the best out of my daddy in the past 26 years. I'm glad that my dad walked me down the aisle and he got to spend some time with his son-in-law.

I still miss him. Memories of him will stay with me forever.

In life, we can't ask for too much. Therefore, I appreciate everything that has been given to me.


Thank you daddy & mummy for bringing me into this world.
Most of all, thanks for guiding me this far! :)


The best memories will stick with me forever.

I love you daddy & mummy! *HUGS*

2 comments:

Spin Me Silly! said...

oh gosh, i'm sniffling so early in the morning.

to be honest, this was one of the first thoughts that came through my head when i got THE call from sulo last week. 'but it's yilei's birthday next week!', i said. sighh..

so babe, if the dream is what you want, the dream is what i'll pray for you to get. :)

i know you miss him and i'm no substitute, but i'm still here if you need company k? see you soon!

love you babe! xoxo

cikumuffin said...

Thanks dear. *HUGS*

I guess he did wish me "Happy Birthday" but just that I can't hear it now. :)

Will definitely see you soon!

Love ya! *MUAK*