Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

I'm a little thick skinned. It's my birthday, I have the rights to blog about anything... right? hahaa..

Anyway, I would just like to share what I've done today. It's my first time celebrating my birthday without my dad here on earth. It's also my first time spending the whole day with my mum and sister! :) (If you look on the positive side, life is amazing!)

My birthday was greeted by showers of blessing from heaven. (It rained!)
My mum said "U Chui"! (in Hokkien) Means "Got Money". (direct translation)


Blessings from daddy?
(Dont' mind the not so beautiful land. I was just trying to show that it's raining.)

The 3 of us went for breakfast at Restoran Park Way, SS19. We joined my mum's usual breakfast gang. It's good to be hanging out with uncles & aunties once in a while. Just so that you'll learn from them. :)


I had Pork Noodles for breakfast. :)

After breakfast, we went back home to do some house chores. We then headed to Maybank at SS15 to settle some stuff.

We went to settle some stuff at the Employee Provident Fund building at Petaling Jaya. To our surprise, the transaction was done pretty fast! :)

We then headed to Sunway Pyramid. My sister booked a ticket to watch Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen alone. My mum and I decided to just walk around while she's watching the movie. :)

We had lunch at Dragon-i before the movie. I had their Chicken with Chinese Sausage Rice which was too oily for my liking.

d
My lunch!

After lunch, we walked around a bit then my sister headed to the cinema. My mum & I then went to Jusco to look for maternity clothes for me. I manage to get 3 pairs of maternity pants for work/casual. :)


A pair cost me RM39 only. :)

My mum manage to get a pair of sandals from Scholl. We walked around more looking for maternity clothes but I was a little too picky with the design, the style & the price. So I ended with only that 3 pairs of pants. :)

My mum & I then took a break at O'Briens while waiting for my sister to finish watching the movie. We shared a sandwich and each had a pot of tea! :)


Triple Decker.


My Mango Tea!

We met my sister after her movie then headed home. Rested for a while then it was already time for dinner. :)

My mum left it to me to choose where I would like to have dinner. The first thing that came to my mind was Seafood dinner but it was just too far. (I was quite lazy to travel.) So I decided to have Japanese. It is also our family favourite. :)

We went to our regular Japanese restaurant, Kinpachi at SS17, Subang Jaya. It did bring back some memories of my dad as he enjoys dining here too.

I had the Soft Shell Crab & Tenzaru Soba. :)
[My husband said that I'm too predictable. Ordering the same thing.]


Soft Shell Crab.


Mum's order: Fried Bitter Gourd in claypot.
This is one of daddy's "must order" dish! :)


Tenzaru Soba

We were very full from dinner. We had a little chat then headed back home.

My day was filled with love as I received many sms-es (til my mum & sis went, "OH.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" whenever they hear my hp sms tone), phone calls, messages on Facebook, Twitter and my blog. Thank you all so much for the beautiful wishes!

I hope everyone had a HAPPY DAY too! *HUGS* to everyone!

I also have to thank my mum & my sister for spending the whole day with me. :) I couldn't feel my dad's absence that much because they were here with me. I definitely felt the love that my dad built in this family. The love just keeps growing stronger. :)

Feel free to share with me what you did on my birthday! :)


6 comments:

Nora Ismail said...

I had my 1st ever cheerleading practice last night (it was for an inter-agency futsal competition) so I was tired the whole day plus had a long drive to Cyberjaya early in the morning for a BMW briefing. Work was quite hectic too. The only highlight is dinner with the boyfriend :)

But really, all I wanted to say is HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN YI LEI!

Snowwhite said...

Happy Birthday, Angel Yi Lei:-) I wanted to sms you 1st thing in the morning but decided not to disturb you..so when the three of us reached the office, we had a friendly competition to see who will be the fastest to sms u a brithday greeting:-)Of course being the slowest n having a handicapped hp, I was the last one to send out the msg:-( We waited for your reply and then decided to video call you..took us awhile as Bapa Ayam was on the phone so long! We were hoping to see you in pajamas but instead caught you sitting in the car waiting for your mum to go for breakfast:-) Thank you very much Yi Lei for sharing with us what you did on your birthday.. a continuation after our call..we have the whole picture now:-) happy that you had a wonderful birthday today:-)
We miss you at work, your birthday gifts are waiting for you on your table:-)..see you on monday and waiting to have lunch with you again:-)
Once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Yi Lei!!
We "heart" you :-) hugs n kisses:-)
- SQAD Angels

Spin Me Silly! said...

I had a crazy day at work. CRAZY! And I (almost) updated on my trip to Bali. hehe! Oh, and I went crazy grocery-shopping eventho I've got no money. How? :P

glad you had a wonderful birthday despite everything that's happened. :)

so, happy birthday! (again!)

cikumuffin said...

Nora: Cheerleading? Now, that's something to CHEER about. hehehe..I'm glad that you ended the day on a sweet note/date. :)Thanks dear *HUGS*

SQAD Angels: Ooops! I forgot to mention about the video call! hahah.. yes, I'm up early even though I'm on leave. I'll usually be up by 7am. (I know, Sue will go.. "YOU NUTS!!") Can't wait to get back on Monday.. mainly cause i have pressies waiting and a nice lunch! *WINK* hahahaha.. Thanks again girls! *HUGS*

Syaza: Grocery SHOPPING!! No moo-lah? aiyoh.. how? hahahaha... so where's the (almost) Bali update? :P Thanks again dear. *HUGS*

Jaclyn Cheng said...

Happy Birthday my dear. Can't make it to wish you on time. It's been a while since we last contacted. On your birthday, we (CK, Joshua and my in-laws) were at Albany, Perth...holiday for sure. It was pretty cold there and super hot here when we arrived on last Saturday noon.

Pray that mommy and baby are doing well. Gaining 1kg per month is not easy for me though, in total I only gain 8 to 9kgs. Don't worry just eat healthy and get some light exercise after your first trimester.

cikumuffin said...

Hey Jaclyn,

Thanks dear! Hope you had a great time in Australia!:) I'm sure CK enjoyed the weather. hahahaa..

WOW! only 8-9kgs? and your Dr didn't complain? But I guess it doesn't matter, Joshua came out healthy. :)

Ooo.. would need you to recommend what type of exercise. So far, walking is all I do. :)