Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our First- Week 7

Dr vs Mummy
My mum and the gynae had different opinions on what I should be eating/drinking. The gynae told me that I'll have "morning sickness" (more like whole day sickness) in my first trimester and he gave me a long list of food/drinks to eat to help me with it.

Dr's suggestion:
1) Drink icy cold water/drinks. (it will stop the nausea.)
2) Don't eat spicy food. (this is the real spoiler.)
3) Don't eat oily food.
4) Have juicy fruits like Watermelon & Mango.
5) Drink only flavoured water. (I'll hate plain water for a while.)
6) Eat small portions but many meals.

Mum's suggestion:
1) NO COLD DRINKS!
2) NO SWEET DRINKS!
3) EAT MORE!
4) NO WATERMELON or COLD FRUITS!
5) Drink more plain water!

So.. if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

I felt very nauseous. Thank God I didn't throw up. Only icy cold & sweet drinks seem good for me and not forgetting... FAST FOOD!

So I forced myself to follow my mum's suggestion and yes, the Dr was right, I felt HORRIBLE!
I just feel so nauseous & tired but I still had to stay strong as I was working. The only way that I could console myself is that I'm not throwing up, so it's a good sign! :)

No comments: